Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Souper Chicken

I love my crock pot. It makes my job so much easier on long busy days. This recipe I have been playing around with for years. Different seasonings, different veggies and different cuts of meats. I have finally found the perfect combo. It was totally yummy!!! Perfect for those cold days when you need warm comfort food. Well heck it doesn't have to be cold to enjoy yummy food!!! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did! 






Souper Chicken

4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used bone in skinless)
4-5 carrots cut into chunks (you can use baby carrots to save time)
2 cans golden mushroom soup (I use the healthy request not as much sodium, calories  and fat)
1 family sized can (or 2 regular sized cans) cream of mushroom soup ( I use healthy request, not as much sodium,  calories or fat)
1/2 - 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbs cumin
1 tbs curry powder
1 tbs garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
salt to taste
1 tsp ancho chili powder (optional, gives it a slight sweet smoky flavor)


In a medium bowl, pour in the soups and seasonings. 
Stir to combine.
Add chicken broth a little at a time making sure that the soup isn't to watery (I used about 1/2 a cup) and set aside.
Place the carrots on the bottom of the crock pot. 
Top with the chicken.
Pour the soup mixture right on top of the chicken.
Cook on low for 7-8 hrs. 
Serve on top of rice or noodles.

Enjoy!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment