Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kielbasa and Potato Bake

I am on a pretty tight budget so every week I sit down in front of my computer, pull up all of the local grocery stores web sites and look over their ads for the week. I then create a menu and food budget based on the sales ad. I noticed that one of the stores had a name brand family pack (42 oz.) of kielbasa or smoked sausage for 5.99. As much as I love kielbasa or smoked sausage, I never really get creative with it. Typically we will use it for jambalaya for a quick dinner but I was wanting more of a hearty comfort food with potatoes. I looked around online thinking that I would find something that looked exactly what I was looking for, however I could not. I figured at this price why not just throw together what I think would be good and pray that it is yummy! Well it is yummy!!! This recipe is very easy to throw together. It is extremely versatile. I think next time I make it I will add some mushrooms, some fresh garlic and some fresh green beans!! Enjoy!! This recipe was made for a large family so you can easily cut it down if you need to, however the leftovers are AMAZING!!!




Kielbasa and Potato Bake

1 42 oz. pkg. kielbasa, cut into large pieces 
1 large onion, cut into large pieces
1 large bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces (I used yellow)
8-10 large red potatoes (about 3 pounds), cut into bite sized pieces (I like to leave the skin on)
1 stick of butter, melted (you can use 1/2 cup oil if you prefer)
2 tbs. garlic powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tbs. paprika
3 tbs. sea salt

Preheat oven to 400.
Place potatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt into a roasting pan. 
Pour melted butter on top and stir well making sure that the spices are sticking to the veggies.
Bake for 20 minutes. 
Take out of the oven, stir well, top with the kielbasa and put it back into the oven for 20 minutes.
Take out of the oven, stir the veggies and the kielbasa well, put back into the oven for 20 more minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and serve!!!

Thanks!!!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment