Monday, September 10, 2012

One pot noodles and meat sauce

I am always looking for easy recipes especially on long days when I just do not feel like spending hours in front of a stove. As always I went searching and I came across a recipe that seemed perfect for my needs kept it cheep and the kids would love but it needed a little tweaking for my taste buds. Here is what I came up with. Like I said it is quick, easy, inexpensive and YUMMY!!! Keep in mind I have a big family so you can half this recipe with no problems. Also you can make it a little healthier by using ground turkey in place of the ground beef (if using ground turkey I would suggest sprucing it up while browning it by using a little olive oil, granulated garlic and italian seasonings)




One pot noodles and meat sauce

2 lb lean ground beef
1 red bell pepper
8 oz pkg baby bella mushrooms cut up
4 cloves garlic minced
1 small onion finely chopped
6 cups wide egg noodles (about 10 oz)
2 1/2 cups of water
2 jars spaghetti sauce 24 oz (I used 2 different flavored prego brand)
2 tsp italian seasoning
2 tsp granulated garlic 
sea salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot or dutch oven brown the meat, bell pepper and onion over medium heat until meat most of the pink is out of the meat. Add the minced garlic and mushrooms. Cook until meat is browned. Drain. 
Stir in Water, Sauce and seasonings over high heat and bring to a boil. 
Lower temp to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes allowing the sauce to get into the meat and the seasonings to "open up". Stir occasionally.
Uncover, stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and stir in noodles. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes until noodles are tender.

Serve and enjoy! 
Thanks Y'all!!
XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment